Saturday, July 17, 2010

Kindle Kover 2.0

I finally completed the Kindle Kover 2.0 that was requested of me months ago. After weeks of plotting, sketching and swatching, I finished sewing in the lining this morning. Of course I see tons of room for improvement, but that's just the type of knitter I am, I suppose.

I think my friend will enjoy it, which is the most important part.

One particular area of re-working that I need, however, is how my ribbing turns out. As one can see from the picture on the right, I did a tubular cast on for this project. Now while that was a new feat all its own, I ended up with a rather common knitter's problem where the knit/purls in my ribbing would become looser as they were made one after the other. The problem isn't really present on the right side, but screams out to me on the left. I'm researching now how to fix this, and will update you once I've figured it out.

Now, time for some iPod socks! (The second half of the request).


  1. That came out really nice. Great first try! I can't wait to see the next one.

  2. Hey! This came out really great! I love the colors! I once made an iPod sock... super easy! I'll see if my fried, who now uses it as an sunglasses case, can take a pic of it for me ... it was one of my first gifts and I wasn't into taking pics of my stuff at the time.

    Anyway, great job! Hope to hear from you and/or see you soon (or both!).