Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Packing

I'm packing for VT and I'm for the first time am considering what knitting supplies I will need to take up with me. It is a given that I'll be taking up my current project: The BBBB. But I'm not sure what else I should bring. It is a 7 hour trip to and from after all. And though there is reading to do, I have been known to have short attention spans when I'm in a fixed position. It's a wonder growing up I never was mistaken for cheating during a test. The second my body knows its suppose to be stuck to a chair or staring at only one thing is the moment I feel the need to move around and see as much as I can.


I'm thinking that having enough knitting to do or intersperse between reading sessions will help keep my attention. So far I've settled on a couple skeins of yarn from my stash (which is growing nicely if I do say so myself) and just one set of needles. Aside from the BBBB, my goal is to try and teach myself as many different stitches as I can. In hopes of this I went back to Barnes and Noble and exchanged a novel I purchased (since it could be purchased for my Kindle) for The Harmony Guides: 101 Stitches to Knit.


I know that having learned to knit and purl is only the first two steps. Now comes the alternation of the two to make patterns. From what I saw while I was browsing, I liked it because it's a collection of cards, which seems pretty durable and portable. Hopefully I'm proven correct and the instructions will be clear enough and not require too much deciphering (why do I get the feeling I'm being condescendingly smiled at here?).


Well, I better stop procrastinating, or I'll wind up oversleeping. Now, which suitcase do I pack?

No comments:

Post a Comment